HyEndfed 5 band 80/40/20/(15)/10
- Customer Reviews
5 band 80/40/20/(15)/10
- HyEndFed 5 band for 80,40, 20, (15) and 10 meter.
- Max. Power : 200 watt PEP.
- Length : 23 meter.
- Enclosure : Polycarbonate IP67, 100% UV resistant.
- SO239 Connector : Silverplated.
- All hardware Stainless steel.
- No radials, tuner only needed on 15. And on 80 meter 50KHz up or down from the centre frequentie.
- This antenna has a coil in the antenna wire at 20 meter.
- Excellent radiation efficiency due resonant design and low loss parts.
- 4 to 6db better on 40 as the much shorter 3 band design
- Loss in Matching unit < 0,8dB on 10mtr < 1,5dB.
I wanted to cut down on the number of supports for antennas in my garden and so I decided to go for one of these end fed jobbies. I have to say the simplicity of putting up something like this is fantastic. Dipoles, where the middle is not near the shack does make the garden look less tidy, this solution is a lot more neat. Performance wise, I am impressed. They are not cheap but as soon as I put it in the air, the SWR on all advertised bands was acceptable with no adjustment. Other HF bands are tuneable with an ATU except for 160m. The cable is really thin but feels tough, adding to the low maintenance, stealth-like antenna I was angling for. I have worked some EU stations the past two days, despite conditions being down the past week or so by the time I get on air. Very promising start. From receipt of parcel to being on air in a matter of hours. Happy with this purchase. Mike M0SAZ
A great antenna for /P or small gardens..
Despite being somewhat sceptical about the design of this antenna and the fact it is termed an end-fed dipole, I bought one for /P use and the results amazed me. It really does perform well on all bands and I managed some great DX with 100W. A good earth or counterpoise however is essential. I would certainly recommend this antenna for portable or if space constrained..