- 144MHz single band handheld
- 5.5W RF output power with the supplied battery pack
- 750mW (typical) of loud and intelligible audio with the BTL amplifier circuitry
- 13 hours of operating time with the supplied 1400mAh Ni-MH battery pack
- Dust protection and water resistant construction, equivalent to IP54
- Tested to the MIL-STD-810-F
- VOX function built-in (Optional headset and adapter cable required.)
- 5-character alphanumeric display
- A total of 207 of memory channels
- CTCSS and DTCS tone squelch
- DTMF memory channels
- Desktop charger, BC-192 and AC adapter, BC-147S supplied* (* Depending on version)
The IC-V80/E employs a new low consumption current FET module and provides 5.5W of high power and long operating time. For even longer operating time, 2.5W or 0.5W of reduced output power settings can be selectable.
<750mW loud audio>
The IC-V80/E uses the BTL (bridge-tied load) amplifier that doubles the audio output. The 36mm large speaker delivers 750mW of loud and intelligible audio*. Great in noisy environments. * Typical value using internal speaker.
While the IC-V80/E is a compact unit with a height of only 112mm, the dust protection and water-resistance equivalent to IP54 provides reliable operation in harsh environments. The IC-V80/E is tested to and has passed 11 categories of MIL-STD-810 environmental tests.
The 5-character alphanumeric display clearly shows channel name, operating frequency and memory number with bright illumination. An S-meter icon ( ) shows the signal strength of the receiving frequency and output power level while transmitting.
The IC-V80/E has three types of battery packs and case to choose from. Nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH) battery pack, BP-264, Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery pack, BP-265, and battery case, BP-263 are selectable for your preference. The BP-264 battery pack, BC-192 regular charger and BC-147S AC adapter will be supplied depending on version.
The IC-V80/E has a total of 207 memory channels, including 200 regular channels, 6 scan edges and 1 call channel. The channel name is programmable with 5 characters for easy recognition.
The IC-V80/E has VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) function for convenient hands-free operation with a compatible optional headset and plug adapter cable. Also, the VOX gain and VOX delay time are adjustable.
The CTCSS and DTCS tones are built-in for quiet stand-by and repeater access. Pocket beep and tone scan are also possible. The tone scan allows the operator to detect the subaudible tone that is used for repeater access.
Various scan functions including program, memory, skip, priority and tone scan can be programmed.
- Power save function
- BNC type antenna connector
- Automatic repeater function (USA version only)
- TOT (time out timer) setting
- Repeater lockout and busy channel lockout
- PC cloning capability and transceiver to transceiver cloning
- Direct keypad frequency entry
- DTMF memory channels
- Auto power off
- Wide/narrow channel setting