- National Hamfest a Great Success!
- As ever, the National Hamfest 2015, in Newark, was a great success for everyone involved! A massive thanks to everyone attended to help prove that Amateur/Ham Radio is very much still alive.
We had an awesome time and below are a few pictures that we managed to get at the few rare times that our stall wasn't crazily busy:
- Friends from down under
- Last week our good friend and customer Melville Bangle - G4WMP - popped into the store with some of his friends from Australia who were very keen to visit the world renown ML&S!
They were looked after by our John and by the looks of it, very much enjoyed their visit.
It was nice of Mel to email us some pictures and a nice message, both of which to can see below. Cheers Mel!
"I would like to thank you John so much for your hospitality yesterday and the T shirts & hats my two Vk pals were very impressed and you can be sure your company will be shown around Australia.
Mel - G4WMP
Tex - VK1TX
Graeme - VK1GT"
- MicroHAM and Array Solutions now available!
- MicroHAM and Array Solutions products now available from Martin Lynch and Sons! We are adding products all the time. If there is something you can't see then please contact us!
Click on the logos below for more information:
- Congratulations to Peter Lea, G8DLZ on winning his very own Icom 2730E
- It was a pleasure for Martin Lynch and Son's very own Richard Radford, G1GRD to present Peter Lea, G8DLZ with a new Icom 2730E for winning the raffle at the McMichael Radio Rally. Icom along side ML&S kindly donated the 2730E for the grand prize last Sunday the 17th of July.
Congratulations Peter and enjoy your new radio!
- ICQPodcast interview Martin at Friedrichshafen
- Martin Butler (M1MRB / W9ICQ) of the ICQ Amateur / Ham Radio Podcast happened to bump into Martin at the Ham Radio Friedrichshafen Show 2015, so didn't miss the opportunity for a quick interview.
You can watch this interview here:
- Friedrichshafen Ham Messe 2015
As ever, we sent our motley crew over to Friedrichshafen in Germany for the annual Ham Radio show.
It was great to meet a lot of new people as well as seeing some familiar faces.
We didn’t spend the whole time eating sausages and drinking beer! We did actually find some time to check out the stalls and chat to various dealers and distributors and get some important deals sealed!
Check out some of the pictures below:
- New Training School at ML&S?
Word on the street (and on the airwaves) is that there is a new ML&S sponsored training school being set-up and classes will be run here at the new superstore in Staines. The main man Martin himself has hinted at this in various interviews and in the press recently and we know he thinks it would be a good idea as there is room for such events at the new premises.
For now, we can neither confirm nor deny these rumours officially, so all we can say is: Watch this space!
- The Official ML&S Wessex House Open Day and Launch Party – What a success!
Hundreds of happy radio hams turned out throughout the day to check out our new store (it's quite possibly the largest of its kind in Europe) to help Martin and the team celebrate this very important move for the company.
A free BBQ and refreshments were on hand for the official launch - plus everyone who attended got a free limited edition celebration T-Shirt! There were also plenty of goodies on hand from all the Big Three manufacturers.
Officials from Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood were in attendance to lend a hand as well as guests from the RSGB, Practical Wireless and Radio User.
It was great to see so many familiar faces from the many radio clubs around the country. Customers old and new mingled together and chewed the fat about all things radio (many of them dressed in their limited edition ML&S T-Shirts!). It was the perfect opportunity for the assembled masses to play with the many radios on display. Our ever expanding demonstration display is getting bigger and better all the time!
Once the BBQ was in full swing in the glorious sunshine, it gave everyone a chance to check out the antennas on the roof. Many were in awe of the impressive Ciro Mazzoni MIDI Loop due to its impressive size and most wondering how on earth we got it up there (as are we)!
At the official opening ceremony there was not one, not two, but three generations of Lynch’s in attendance to mark the occasion. The “Key to the Door” made by Martin’s late father in 1993 was used by Daniel his eldest son, Jennifer (Martin’s wife and co-owner), and Rosie, Martin’s lovely granddaughter. Proving ML&S truly is a family business! Should he add & Granddaughter to the title?
The rest of the afternoon was spent enjoying the party and taking tours of the new massive two-story building.
Martin and his staff would like to thank everyone who attended and helped out on the day, and all of you for your continued custom. Don’t forget the ML&S Hog Roast on Saturday December 5th 2015. Celebrating a full 25 years of business and still going from strength to strength. Here’s to another 25 years!
- ML&S LAUNCH PARTY AND OPEN DAY
After 25 glorious years of business, Martin and his team recently moved to a brand new store in Staines-Upon-Thames near Heathrow. The new building is not only Martin’s largest property to date, it’s also quite possibly the largest dedicated ham store in Europe, incorporating two floors of amateur radio fun! Downstairs is the main shop/showroom, with plenty of space, many demo stations and a kettle that’s always on! Upstairs is our all new state-of-the-art spacious service area, offices for the accounts department and the main man himself, as well as extra storage room and a meeting/conference room facility.
The official open day and launch party for the new store has now been confirmed as Saturday June 6th 2015. On this date, ML&S will be having extra special in-store deals as well as free refreshments, hot dogs and burgers to create a real street party feel!
Martin will also be hosting extra special guided tours of the new place and there will be some extra special guests making an appearance throughout the day.
This is not to be confused with the annual ML&S Hog Roast, which will still take place towards the end of the year, but this Launch Party will be just as fun.
The store will be open from 8am until 4pm on June the 6th and everyone is welcome!
- FREE KENWOOD GOODIE BAG AT KEMPTON (and in store on the day).
- As you may, or may not be aware, ML&S will not only be attending the Radio Fairs, Kempton Rally this year, but our store will be open on Sunday 19th April too! So why not pop in on your way to or from the rally for a coffee and some extra special deals!
Also, for anyone who purchases a Kenwood radio on the day - either in-store, or at the rally - is entitled to a FREE Kenwood goodie bag! See below for info:
- We are NOT at the Blackpool Rally this year (2015)
- Just to let you know that due to our recent move, we will not be attending this year's Blackpool Rally. We will, however, have some extra special deals both in store and online on Saturday 11th April 2015 in honour of the event! So feel free to pop in for a pre-rally coffee!
- Sign Up for our Mailing List
- Sign up to the ML&S Mailing List for all the latest news, special offers, exclusive deals and much much more!
Become part of the community and sign up by clicking HERE
- Easter Opening Times 2015
- Wythall Radio Club visit - 28/03/2015
- We were pleased to have hosted the Wythall Radio Club here at our new ML&S store last Saturday, 28th March 2015. Check out some pictures from the day here: http://www.hamradio.co.uk/wythallclub.php
- Dudley & District ARS will be running the following courses & exams
- Dudley & District ARS will be running the following courses & exams
We have a foundation exam course running at moment & the exam is booked for 24th september if anybody needs a examination centre please get in touch asap .But you must attend next week for the assessments & register for the exam.£47.50 inc exam
A 10 week Intermediate course from the 14th of october 7.45pm £57.50 inc exam on the 10th of December.
our next advanced course wll commence on the 3rd of feb 2015 with the exam on friday the 1st of may 2015 price inc exam £67.50
for any info & regisitering e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or pop in on a tuesday night
The address is:
The Old Ruiton Windmill
- ML&S HOG ROAST 2014 GOES DOWN A TREAT !
- ML&S HOG ROAST 2014 GOES DOWN A TREAT !
Last saturday we celebrated the last ever Hog Roast to be held here at our chertsey store. Martin would like to thank everybody who visited the store on the day and would also like to thank you all for your continued custom. We can't wait to see you all at the new premises in the new year! Thanks again for your support !!
- ML&S welcome the RSGB Construction Contest winner...
Today we welcomed Alex Henderson M0TOT, the winner of the Designer and Best in Show categories in the 2014 annual RSGB Construction Competition. Who came to make a purchase with his prize winnings donated by us at ML&S Ltd.
Alex’s project was a wireless remote antenna switching unit and as you can see in the picture below, the standard of workmanship is extremely high. Alex advised he uses this unit on a regular basis and mentioned the unit has an internal power source which means he can utilise the unit for many hours without fear of power failure.
If you have not heard about the RSGB Construction Competition before, here is an overview of the criteria and remember any member of the RSGB is eligible to enter.
Projects must have an amateur radio context. Examples might include receivers, transmitters, transceivers, aerials, instrumentation, test equipment, etc.
Projects must be home-constructed, tested, complete and working. Entrants for each of the four categories listed below must demonstrate the functionality of their entry, by either providing a short video showing it working, or by demonstrating it working to the judges at the Convention.
There are four classes of entry:
1) Designer. This is aimed at encouraging original designs, which can be software, hardware or a combination thereof. Entries in this class will be judged on the elegance and innovation used to solve a new problem, or to solve a well-known problem in some better way. The entry will also be judged on the degree to which it advances the state of the art in amateur radio.
2) Craftsman. This category is aimed at those constructing projects designed by someone else; entries are likely to be based on a published design. Kits may feature, either as a part or the whole of the project. For kit builders, credit will be given for personal additions, modifications or finishing touches. Entries in this class will be judged on the overall quality of the construction/excellence in craftsmanship.
3) Beginner. This category is aimed at those new to amateur radio. The entrant must have been a member of the RSGB for less than a total of three years and must have held an amateur radio licence of any type for less than three years.
4) Junior Member. This category is aimed at our young members. The entrant must be a Junior member of the RSGB on the date of submission of the entry.
- Yaesu FT-991 KW/50/144/430 MHz Transceiver
Yaesu FT-991 KW/50/144/430 MHz Transceiver
We are pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new product, the FT-991 HF/50MHz/VHF/UHF Base Station Transceiver.
The Yaesu FT-991 Transceiver is capable of operating SSB, CW, AM, FM, Packet and System Fusion C4FMDigital. The legendary tradition of Yaesu design is a legacy of excellence established decades ago, providing quality, stability and durability.
The Yaesu FT-991 is designed for the most competitive operating situations, with a suite of new features to’enhance the experience. Whether you primarily operate at home, mobile or in the field, the FT-991 will provide outstanding fundamental performance and an inviting expansion into a full featured base station.
Please refer below for more information on the features of the new FT-991. We will release the new FT-991 at the Tokyo HAM FAIR in 2014.
- 160 Meters through 70 Centimeters – SSB/CW/FM/C4FM Digital/AM/RTTY/PSK
- 100 Watts (2 Meter / 70 Centimeter: 50 Watts) of Solid Performance
- 3.5 inch TFT Full-Color Touch Panel Operation for Superior Operability and Visibility
- High Speed Spectrum Scope with ASC (Automatic Spectrum-Scope Control) built-in
- Roofing Filter 3 kHz and 15 kHz
- High Accuracy TCXO ±0.5 ppm and high resolution DDS and PLL local oscillator
- 32-bit High Speed Floating Point IF DSP
- IF WIDTH and IF SHIFT provides great QRM Rejection
- CONTOUR, DNR, IF Notch and APF (Audio Peak Filter, CW only)
- 160 – 6 Meters High Speed Automatic Antenna Tuner included
- MAN WINS A KENWOOD TS-480SAT FOR £1!!!
MAN WINS A KENWOOD TS-480SAT FOR £1!!
THAT’S RIGHT! ONE LUCKY CUSTOMER WON A BRAND NEW KENWOOD TS-480SAT COURTSEY OF KENWOOD ELECTRONICS UK AND ML&S AT THE MCMICHAEL RALLY ON THE 13TH JULY 2014.
AS USUAL THE MCMICHAEL RALLY WAS VERY WELL SUPPORTED BY AMATEURS FROM FAR AND WIDE AND AGAIN THE WEATHER WAS GLORIOUS. THIS RALLY IS A FIRM FAVOURITE WITH THE SALES TEAM HERE AT ML&S. NOT ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BBQ AND CLUBHOUSE BAR ON SITE, BUT FOR THE RELAXED ATMOSPHERE AND FRIENDLY ATTENDEES.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE MCMICHAEL TEAM FOR A SPLENDID DAY AND LOOK FORWARD TO ATTENDING NEXT YEARS EVENT. SEE THE LUCKY RAFFLE WINNER JOHN (G3VHH), ALONGSIDE RICHARD (G1GRD) FROM ML&S AND ANDY (M5ALG) FROM THE MCMICHAEL TEAM IN THE PICTURE BELOW.
- ML&S ATTEND THE IOTA CONVENTION 2014 50th ANNIVERSARY
- ML&S ATTEND THE IOTA CONVENTION 2014
Martin, Richard and Steve have just returned after attending this year's ML&S sponsored IOTA Convention at Beaument House, Old Windsor. Where the IOTA team celebrated their 50th anniversary.
As you can see from our pictures, the event was well attended with amateurs from accross the globe. The occasion is not just for returning visitors but for new ones who want to enjoy the camaraderie of IOTA island chasers and activators mingling together and discussing their experiences on near and remote islands. If you've never experienced this event before, then please try and attend next year, who knows you just might catch the island hopping bug!
We would like to thank the IOTA team for their hospitality and we are proud to be the sponsors of this great event.
- MCMICHAEL RALLY THIS COMING SUNDAY 13TH JULY!! YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A KENWOOD TS-480SAT THANKS TO KENWOOD UK AND ML&S!!
- MCMICHAEL RALLY THIS COMING SUNDAY 13TH JULY!! YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A KENWOOD TS-480SAT THANKS TO KENWOOD UK AND ML&S !!
Win a Kenwood TS-480SAT - £1 per ticket worth £900(rrp).(Tickets available on-site on the day only)
- Large Boot Sale on Level Site
- Big Boot Sale Pitches £10 each
- Special Interest Groups - Special Interests McMichael Radio Owners
- Computer Equipment
- Demonstrations & Lecture
- Catering Services - Great Bacon Rolls
- Barbecue (weather dependant)
- Fully Licensed Bar
- Plenty of Parking Areas with Disabled special parking on level ground.
- Easy access from Reading just off the A4, A329(M) and M4
- First Aid Post
- Talk in Station on VHF S22
RADARC 80th Anniversary Year - come and help us celebrate.
Information & Weather check on the day for the Rally - call 0777 594 00160777 594 0016
Boot Sale & Rally Opens 9:30 am - Boot Setup 08:30
Pricing Entrance Fee £2.00 per person
We would like to thank the team at Kenwood UK for donating this superb hf/6m transceiver and we can't wait to see our loyal ML&S customers on the 13 th July at the rally. We will have our sales team Richard, Tony and David ready to help you on the day. It's always a fun day at Mcmichael see you soon !
- Large Boot Sale on Level Site
- G4DBL back on the air with an Icom IC-7100 from ML&S !
Hi Guys,Thought you might like to know that I've just had time to fire up the IC-7100 at home. First shout was to VK3MO with 10W to a mag loop on the garden table; he got my call!
It's a bit of a come-down from the 500 feet Vee-beam I had on a farm several years ago, but at least I'm on the air! Looking forward to taking the 7100 out portable.
Thanks again and very 73,
- KENWOOD JAPAN VISIT ML&S STORE
- KENWOOD JAPAN VISIT ML&S STORE
ML&S are pleased to have been visited by Yoshiharu Ichikawa from Kenwood Japan, alongside Shoji Ota and David Wilkins from Kenwood UK today.
They spent a relaxed afternoon discussing feedback received from our customers regarding the current Kenwood product range and taking notes on further additional features which you have requested for to the TS-990s and TS-590s models.
As we are Kenwood's dealer of the year, it is always a privilege to be inlcuded in discussions relating to new products which may be available in the near future. All we can say is, if you love the Kenwood brand, the additional products to their line-up will be worth the wait.
We would like to say 'Thank You' to the team at Kenwood once again and look forward to your next visit.
- TX Factor - Episode 3
- TXtra - Icom ID-5100 Review (TRA001). A brief overview of the NEW Icom ID-5100 dual band mobile with D-STAR and huge touch screen display. Presented by Bob McCreadie G0FGX and Icom's Chris Ridley G8GKC at the ML&S Store
- Have you seen the new Icom ID-5100?
Have you seen the new Icom ID-5100?
Today the Martin Lynch and Sons sales team were treated with a visit from Icom’s John Turner, who came bearing Icom’s soon to be released ID-5100. Offering dual band 50w vhf/uhf operation on independent band units via a large touch sensitive screen, D-star as standard to enable world-wide communications for when the local analogue repeater is quiet. A simple User Interface for safe mobile operation alongside Bluetooth integration with Icom’s very own android app. The ultimate modern vhf/uhf mobile transceiver!
Having spent a few hours with this latest offering from Icom, it’s great to see the amateur radio market stepping into the future and integrating with communication devices from everyday life. We look forward to receiving our stock soon!
If you would like further information regarding the Icom ID-5100 feel free to contact our sales team via email@example.com
- The TX Factor - Episode 2
- Episode 2 will be available for streaming from 00.01 UTC on Friday 21st March 2014 see: http://youtu.be/mhpUj6EkpB4
Mike visits the Bath Buildathon to see what's involved in constructing a 14MHz receiver kit
We welcome two special guests to talk about and demonstrate the FUNcube Dongle and the FUNcube Satellite
We look at the features of Yaesu's new FT-DX1200 transceiver
Bob gets a guided tour of the RSGB National Radio Centre at Bletchley Park
Mobile device users: if you can't see the show thumbnail under the 'Videos' tab on your mobile device (using the browser) click on the 'Feed' tab to see it; or download and view using the YouTube app for your particular device.
*Streaming resolutions are available up to 1080p so be sure to select the optimum quality your device and broadband (DSL) or 3G speed allow
No wifi at your club QTH?
If you represent an amateur radio club or association, school or college, and have poor broadband coverage at your QTH, you can download episodes of TX Factor two weeks after the launch date. Two versions of the file are available .mov for Mac users and .wmv for Windows.
- Volunteers required at Brooklands Museum.
Volunteers required at Brooklands Museum.
Brooklands is the site of the world’s first purpose-built motor racing circuit and was the birthplace of British motorsport and aviation. It is the home of Concorde and the site of many engineering and technological achievements throughout eight decades of the 20th century. The Museum displays a wide range of Brooklands-related motoring and aviation exhibits ranging from giant racing cars, motorcycles and bicycles to an unparalleled collection of Hawker and Vickers/ BAC-built aircraft, including the Second World War Wellington Bomber, Viking, Varsity, Viscount, Vanguard, VC10, BAC One-Eleven and the only Concorde with public access in South East England.
It is with this background that we are setting up a display of early radiocommunications equipment. They all have an aviation theme and include such iconic items as the T1154 and R1155.
We will also have a working amateur radio station as part of the display with the special event callsign GB1BM.
Because of the Educational ethos of the Museum, there will also be a "Morse Training Desk" and a short-wave receiver that the public can "play" with.
More details as we build up the display can be found at http://www.brooklandswireless.com.
The display is being housed in a room within the museum complex and ideally should have a "radio-minded" steward on duty at all times. Because the museum is open 7 days a week, 51 weeks of the year, this requires a sizeable band of volunteer stewards.
We have already started recruiting but need more people who would like to join us. Preferably you can commit to one (or more) days a week on a regular basis though support for the occasional weekend "Special Events" will also be welcome.
Because the Museum is run by a Charitable Trust, we can't offer you payment for your time or even your travel expenses, but we can offer you enjoyment and self-satisfaction: giving time and skill to the Museum is enjoyable and, hopefully, will give enjoyment and education to all who visit the Museum while helping to preserve and protect the heritage and legacy of this great place.
More details can be found at http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/support-us/volunteer.
If you would like to join or have any questions, please contact the Project Leader - Peter Burton either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07989 55788807989 557888.
- The TX Factor is here! A TV Show dedicated to Ham Radio
Petrol heads have their Top Gear, fans of antiques and cookery shows are spoilt for choice, but for far too long there has been nothing on TV for radio enthusiasts.
That all changed on Friday February 21st 2014 with the launch of TX Factor - a half-hour show produced by broadcast professionals who are themselves radio amateurs.
Hosted by Bob McCreadie G0FGX, Mike Marsh G1IAR and Nick Bennett 2E0FGQ, the show will explore all aspects of the diverse and fascinating hobby which is amateur radio.
Watch Here: http://www.txfilms.co.uk/txfactor/
Read full Press Release
- Wythall Radio Club member visits ML&S...
- Today we were visited by Callum M0MCX, who after hearing about the team here at ML&S from other club members decided to pay a visit to the store. You may be thinking thats a long way to go just to meet some fellow hams, however he did have another reason to visit our chertsey store....yes you've guessed right, it's another Kenwood flagship TS-990s leaving Kenwood's UK Number 1 authorised distributor !
- Wythall Radio Club visit ML&S
- Source: www.wythallradioclub.co.uk/a-great-day-out-2/
With so much going on at Wythall Radio Club just at the moment, it almost escaped notice that eight intrepid members travelled down the M40 last Saturday to represent the West Midlands at the famous Martin Lynch Hog Roast.
Arriving around 0900 (just in time for bacon sandwiches!) were Chairman Mike G4VPD, Secretary Anita M6DUO & Treasurer Ian M0IDR – also along for the ride were Committee Members Phil 2E0WTH, Jim 2E0BLP & Pete M5DUO. Ordinary members Dave G3YXM & Chris G7DDN completed the party.
A great time was had by all, but then since a picture tells a thousand words, just click on the pics below and you will see for yourself. No explanations necessary!
- ML&S ANNUAL OPEN DAY AND HOG ROAST 2013....ANOTHER SUCCESS!!
- SATURDAY 30TH NOVEMBER 2013 SAW THE RETURN OF THE ML&S ANNUAL OPEN DAY AND HOG ROAST.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU WHO ATTENDED THIS YEAR'S OPEN DAY AND HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE DAY AS MUCH AS THE TEAM HERE AT THE ML&S STORE.
WE STARTED THE DAY WITH BACON BUTTIES FOR THE EARLY ARRIVALS AND THEN BEGAN WITH A NUMBER OF DEMONSTRATIONS FROM THE HOBBY'S LEADING MANUFACTURERS YAESU, ICOM AND KENWOOD. IT WAS GREAT TO SEE SO MANY OF OUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS INVOLVED IN THE TALKS AND WE HOPE WE MANAGED TO ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS WHICH HAD BEEN BUGGING YOU ABOUT THE LATEST EQUIPMENT ON OFFER HERE AT THE STORE.
LUNCH TIME SAW THE USUAL QUEUES FOR 'LYNCHY'S' FAMOUS HOG ROAST AND THE LYNCH FAMILY WERE ON HAND TO OFFER REFRESHMENTS TO THE CROWDS. IT WAS GREAT TO SEE NEWCOMERS TO THE HOBBY CHATTING WITH SEASONED DX'ERS' ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCES IN SUCH A RELAXED ATMOSPHERE. WE ARE SURE MANY A NEW FRIENDSHIP WAS MADE THROUGHOUT THE DAY, ALONGSIDE PUTTING NAMES TO FACES FROM QSOS IN THEIR LOG BOOKS.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!
- Farnborough and district Radio Society Foundation Intermediate and Advanced Exams
Farnborough and district Radio Society Foundation Intermediate and Advanced Exams
Foundation and Intermediate (Both at the same time but not together !!) Practical Wednesday 3rd NOV and
a full day Saturday 23rd November with exam at 5pm.
Advanced is a two day exercise Saturday 30 th November and Friday 6th Dec with exam at 7pm.
- VK2RO DX PURCHASE !
- VK2RO DX PURCHASE !
Roger VK2RO paid a visit to the ML&S store last week to pick up a brand new Kenwood TS-480sat. As you can see by the picture, he seemed very happy with the deal and the complimentry coffee!
- ML&S Win Ham Dealer of the year again!
ML&S Win Ham Dealer of the year again!
Kenwood UK are pleased to announce that ML&S Martin Lynch & Sons are their UK’s top Ham Radio dealer for the 2012/2013 season.
During a recent visit to ML&S’ Chertsey dealership, David Wilkins (Kenwood’s UK Amateur Radio sales manager) presented Martin and his team with their trophy to commemorate their success.
Andy Dawson, Kenwood’s national sales manager, commented that ML&S’s dedication to the needs of today’s HF operators meant that once again they led the way in HF sales terms throughout the year, with the new TS-990S HF flagship transceiver as well as the mid-range TS-590S.
Martin Lynch was delighted to win the award saying “Because of my team of support engineers and workshop staff, ML&S are able to offer a complete package to radio amateurs in respect of pre and after sales support. When negotiating for something as advanced and complex as Kenwood’s new TS-990S flagship, it’s important that my staff understand customer requirements and more importantly, can offer meaningful technical support after the sale has been made. Needless to say we are all looking forward to more Ham Radio products from the Kenwood stable.”