The RigExpert AA-170 is a powerful antenna analyzer designed for testing, checking, tuning or repairing antennas and antenna feedlines.
Mainly, this is an SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) and impedance measurement instrument (vector impedance analyzer).
Easy-to use measurement modes, as well as additional features such as connection to a personal computer (to plot Smith charts, etc.), make RigExpert AA-170 attractive for professionals and hobbyists.
The following tasks are easily accomplished by using this analyzer:
- Rapid check-out of an antenna
- Tuning an antenna to resonance
- Antenna SWR and impedance measurement and comparison before and after specific event (rain, hurricane, etc.)
- Making coaxial lines or measuring their parameters
- Cable testing and fault location
- Measuring capacitance or inductance of reactive loads
See also: A short review of antenna and network analyzerszers
See also: rigexpert-analyzers – RigExpert antenna and network analyzer user’s group at Yahoo
See also: A short presentation of RigExpert Antenna Analyzers on YouTube.