HF/6 m coupler. 3 kW and 10 kW ratings available.
- ALC-1 - ALC protection option, shuts down your transmitter fast but yet allows ALC normal operation
- FASTEST Bar graph on the Market, makes tuning an amp or a tuner a joy, faster than an analog meter. So fast it can catch the first "dit" at 99 WPM and even show you if your rig has a RF spike problem. Why mess around with other meters that have have had display failures?
- Displays VSWR, Power, and Bar graph at the same time.
- Support for vision impaired hams via www.hampod.com
- Runs with or without a PC connected to it. That means there are no programming hassles and issues setting this meter up.
- Runs right out of the box.
- Accuracy typically better than +/- 3% over frequency and temperature ranges
- Commercial couplers available for VHF and UHF commercial bands
VHF couplers for 144 -148 MHz and 222 - 225 MHz ham bands, and 150 - 220 MHz Commercial VHF (Specify 10 MHz range when ordering).
UHF couplers for 430 - 450 MHz amateur radio band and 450 - 500 MHz commercial bands (Specify 10 MHz range when ordering).
- Peak Hold Modes – programmable for fast (0.5 sec), medium, slow, and Long ( 5 sec) for CW, SSB, data, FM, whatever you're sending!
- Two Models – 3 kW and 10 kW - standard coverage is 160 through 6 m (1.8 to 54 MHz)
- Separate Display and Coupler/Sensor boxes– Sensor can be remotely located at your amp or in your mobile unit this also keeps the high power cables away from your radios, audio equipment, PCs etc. No nasty RF cables on top of your desk or radio to cause RFI and other clutter issues! The coupler is using DC only, no RF is sent to the meter. A good thing!
- Remote use, even 100 feet of cable between sensor and display has no drop in power measurement - None! -
- Multiple couplers on one display - the PM II supports two couplers without any external adapters.
- VSWR Alarm – programmable trip point, LED and Relay – Can shut down your amp fast!
- Power Alarm - programmable trip point, LED and Relay - Alerts you that your amp has tripped out
- Alarms can maintain until manually reset, or you can program an auto alarm reset
- Bar Graph – Operates in two modes, Auto Ranging Power and VSWR you can peak your amp sending dots or talking into a mic, or dip your VSWR with your tuner using dots. Easy on the tubes and efficient.
- Bar Graph in Power mode – Auto Ranging in user selectable ranges – Easy to read
- Large LCD Display – Easy to read even in bright sunlight - low energy consumtion
- Programmable from front panel or via USB or RS-232 – Even display your call letters in it too!
- Free Application for your PC - Will allow remote user’s full use of meter even on the internet
- All Metal Boxes – Rack Mount Options available, 1 or 2 units in a 19” 2U panel
- Choice of connectors, SO-239, N-type, and 7/16 DIN
- Display Head Size 7” X 3-3/4" Face, 4-1/2” Deep
- And did we mention the best support you can get from us and our user group?
- Interface to any RS-232 Port or USB port
NIST traceable calibration standard
Set up any of the functions of the meter which include:
- Call letters or other alpha numeric message – 16 characters long (examples above have "Array Solutions")
- Set up default VSWR alarm trigger or turn it off
- Set up default Power alarm trigger or turn it off
- Mode of operation
- Fast, medium, slow
- Bar graph
- Auto range scale
- Peak, Peak plus reverse
- Bar graph mode VSWR or Power
- Forward power
- Reverse power
- Data in alpha numeric / bar graph – Both on screen
- Peak hold as well as real time power in bar graph
- VSWR Alarm
- Power Alarm
- Hooks to allow access to the data from another application like a contest logging program
Critical Testing Applications
Why not buy the same VSWR Power meter that is used by industry for critical monitoring functions?
Used by industry for critical testing - above shows 10 PowerMasters testing 10 RF generators.
19-inch Rack mounting kits are available
Options for 19" rack mounts: One display left or right side, one display centered or two displays side by side.
Left: "Y" adpater for the coupler cable, up to five couplers can be connected to a Power Master II Display.
Right: The standard 6 feet (1.83 m) coupler shielded cable has stereo 1/4" plugs on both ends. A much longer cable can be used if necessary.
High Power Couplers
We can build special needs Power Master Couplers, for higher power applications.
Shown above, a PowerMaster coupler for 20 kW with 7/16DIN connectors
PowerMaster VHF coupler with 7/16DIN connectors
Latest software update for your Power Master II, click here . This is an enhancement software for the PM-II. To install, remove the current version of PowerMaster II Basic. Double click on setup.exe. The enhancements are described on the pdf files downloaded along the update, and are the following:
- New small display, allows multiple instances of PM running on the same computer and also indicates which coupler is being used.
- Support for multiple instances of PM on same computer. Start with ini=name_of_ini_file .
NOTE: The following link has software ONLY FOR THE OLD POWER MASTER:
NOTE: Do not ATTEMPT to install this sofware for PM 1 into a PM 2
VHF & UHF Couplers for the Power Master and Power Master II
Models: VHF-1.5K (2m), VHF-1.5K-2 (1.35m), UHF1.5K (440-450MHz), UHF-1.5K-2 (420-440MHz)
VHF and UHF Couplers Installation and Operation Manual
UHF coupler with N-type connectors
VHF coupler with DIN 7/16 connectors
The Array Solutions VHF and UHF couplers extend the frequency range of the PowerMaster Series Digital RF Power & VSWR Indicator to the 2m, 1.35m and 70cm amateur bands. The VHF and UHF series couplers are precision dual directional couplers. They have dual pickup loops to provide simultaneous forward and reflected power measurements.
2. INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
The PowerMaster VHF and UHF couplers may be inserted in the antenna feedline at any convenient point. The end of the coupler that is marked “ANT” is connected to the feedline that goes to the antenna. The other end is connected to the transceiver or linear amplifier.
The cable with 1/4” phone plug is plugged into the PowerMaster or PowerMasterII display unit.
To use the PowerMaster with any coupler, first verify that the latest firmware is loaded in the PowerMaster. Firmware may be downloaded from the Array Solutions web site: www.arraysolutions.com/manuals.htm
COUPLER MODEL FREQUENCY MHz
- VHF-1.5K 144-148
- VHF-1.5K-2 220-225
- UHF-1.5K 440-450
- UHF-1.5K-2 420-440
Enter the trim factor for both forward and reflected power, The trim factors are marked on each coupler. Refer to the PowerMaster/PowerMasterII Manual for instructions on setting the trim factors.
With the proper firmware loaded, operation and display features are the same as with a HF coupler. Refer to the Array Solutions PowerMaster Series Digital RF Power Meter manual for instructions on the PowerMaster Series operating procedures and display features.
4. CARE AND MAINTENANCE
There is no maintenance required for the VHF/UHF couplers. There are no user adjustable components inside the couplers. Do not remove the coupler cover or disassemble it in any way as calibration will be lost.
Avoid anything that would apply a significant shock to the couplers such as dropping them or hitting them with any object. A mechanical shock can cause movement in the pickup loops which may affect the accuracy of the couplers.
Should you suspect a problem with your VHF or UHF coupler call Array Solutions for instructions on how to return the unit for repair and calibration.
MODEL VHF-1.5K (2m) and VHF-1.5K-2 (1.35m)
- Frequency Ranges: 144-148 MHz or 222-225 MHz
- Line Impedance 50 ohms nominal
- Insertion Loss 0.05 dB or less
- Line Connections N-type Female (UG-5 ), UHF ( SO-239 ) optional
- Power Range: 1 - 1500 watts
- Directivity: >25 dB typical 144-148 MHz, >22 dB typical 222-225 MHz
- Accuracy: +5% of reading
MODEL UHF-1.5K and UHF-1.5K-2
- Frequency Range 440-440 MHz and 420-440 MHz
- Line Impedance 50 ohms nominal
- Insertion Loss 0.1 dB or less
- Line Connections Type N Female (UG-58)
- Power Range: 1 - 1500 watts continuous
- Directivity: >23 dB typical
- Accuracy: +5% of reading