Reduce the chance of station damage from lightning surges.
The Dual Antenna Disconnector automatically disconnects two antennas from your radio and grounds both antennas. The Disconnector prevents static-discharge, surges, and lightning-strike effects from damaging your radio and associated equipment. When the transceiver is turned OFF, the antennas’ signal and ground wires are shorted together and grounded, and both the coax centers and coax shields are disconnected from the radio. When the transceiver is powered ON, the Disconnector re-connects both antennas for normal operating. Power for the Disconnector comes from the transceiver’s auxiliary power socket. Or connect it to your power supply that you turn off when not operating . For those radios without an auxiliary power socket and you leave your power supply on , a separate unit, the Radio ON Sensor unit is used to sense if the radio is turned on. For correct operation the Disconnector requires a good earth type ground. The unit comes with a Ring Terminal, four Barrel Connectors, and a Powerpole® pair. The Dual Antenna Disconnector is excellent for protecting remote stations from lightning surge.
1. Power Handling: greater than 1.5 kW on each circuit
2. Insertion Loss: < 0.05 dB @< 29 MHz, 0.4 dB @ 54 MHz, 1 dB @ 144 MHz
3. Relay Operating Voltage: 10-18 Volts dc
4. Current: 120 mA @ 13.8 V, when turned ON to connect antennas.
5. LED: Illuminates green when relays connect the antennas for operating
6. Relays: Four relays w/15 Amp contacts each, protected for reverse spikes
7. Case: Grounded to antennas’ and Isolated from radios’ coaxial connector
8. Control Wire: 6 Ft, two-conductor AWG 18 with RCA phono plug
9. Control Input: Diode protected against reverse polarity. RF filtered.
10. Active Lightning Protection: Gas Discharge Tube on both Antenna inputs
11. Case Ground Stud: One-quarter inch with washers, lock washer and nut
12 Case: Die-cast aluminum, black paint, white print, water resistant
13. Size: 6 x 3.8 x 2.2 in., tabs w/4holes @ 5.25 and 2.5 in. centers
14. Weight: 1 lb., 10 oz
We have several shipping options for our products, including next-day and Saturday/Sunday delivery for certain items. Please see these options at checkout.
If you have any equipment that needs to be returned to Martin Lynch & Sons, please fill out the form below:
Upon receipt of goods you have 14 days to return goods however the goods must be returned in original packaging and care must have been taken with the goods you wish to return. Under distance selling regulations you are not entitled to any refund on carriage charges or modification charges made at your request.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Outside of the 14 faulty return period, returned items cannot be accepted, unless covered by manufacturer's warranty. We will repair as much as possible on site however in exceptional circumstances products may have to be returned to the manufacturer of distributor.
For repairs/replacements under manufacturer’s warranty for any item please download a ML&S return form from the link below and return to ML&S with the faulty product.
International Warranty information
Warranty service for items we sell is available in the U.K. only, unless otherwise noted. It is your responsibility to pay freight for returned items to the U.K. and back to you for desired warranty coverage. All of our NEW products come with a minimum 12 month warranty, (Yaesu & Icom 24 months), with up to 90 days on second-hand equipment. Items returned for service must state "returned goods for repair" on the return air waybill or U.K. import customs duties apply and will be added to your invoice. For more info about returning items please contact our customer help desk, email@example.com