ACOM 2020S Solid-State 1.8-54 MHz Linear Amplifier
SCHEDULED RELEASE DATE: JULY 2022
Easy to operate
The overall operation of ACOM 2020S is extremely simplified: the touch screen menus are intuitive and easy to follow, no special skill is required from the operator when changing frequency bands.
User-friendly automatic control
When connected to a transceiver with CAT capability, the amplifier will track the operating frequency, and will change bands accordingly. Even if not CAT connected, the amplifier monitors the input signal frequency through the built-in frequency counter and automatically switches bands.
High resolution color display with Touch screen
Amplifier status indications are explained via detailed text displayed on the RCU 7" high resolution color touch display (155x90 mm, 1024x600 pixels, and 24-bit color). All indicators and controls (except the primary mains switch and power indicator) are accessible via the RCU's touch screen, as well as, all command input to the RCU is menu-driven.
Compatible with all transceiver models - does not need any special signals: "ground on transmit" and RF drive power is sufficient.
Two power modules
Employs two powerful modules in power splitting/combining technique.
LDMOS transistor technology
The two final PA stages use a rugged LDMOS transistor - MRFX1K80HR5 or equivalent.
Broadband input circuit
Broadband input circuit, providing a perfect transceiver load with SWR below 1.2 (typically 1.1), without retuning throughout the whole frequency range from 1.8 to 54 MHz.
Takes care of itself during operation via continuously working protection circuits in all modes. The operator can monitor 11 (eleven) parameters of the amplifier in operation.
Detailed data (55 parameters) about each of the last 28 hard-fault protection trips is stored in the amplifier's memory.
Remote control capabilities
Remotely controlled via Internet through integrated Web interface and built-in Ethernet RJ45 port and Wi-Fi adapter.
Compact and lightweight construction
Extremely compact and lightweight construction with built-in switching-mode power supply (SMPS) that operates with extended mains voltage range of 200-240 VAC, ±10% (180-264 VAC limiting values), with no internal switch over. The consumed current is purely sinusoidal, Power Factor Corrected (PFC) and inrush current limited. This makes the operation from unstable mains and generators easy and trouble free.
Complies with the CE electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements and FCC regulations. Perfect compatibility with both highly sensitive devices and the powerful devices in the radio station (receivers, computers, other amplifiers) due to the used PFC and built-in radio-frequency filters.
- All amateur bands 1.8-54 MHz;
- Extensions and/or changes on request;
Rated Output Power
- 1500 W, PEP or continuous carrier, no mode limit;
Intermodulation Distortion (IM3)
- Better than 30 dB below rated PEP;
Harmonic and Parasitic Emissions Output Suppression
- 1.8-29.7 MHz - better than 60 dB below rated output;
- 50-54 MHz - better than 70 dB below rated output;
Input and Output Impedances
- Nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO-239A) type connectors;
- Input: Broadband, SWR below 1.2 (1.1 typically), 1.8-54 MHz continuous range without retuning or switching;
- RF bypass: SWR - below 1.1, 1.8-54 MHz;
- Output: Antenna SWR below 1.5 is recommended; up to SWR 3 is allowable with proportional power reduction;
RF Power Gain
- 14 dB ±1 dB (typically 60 W drive for 1500 W output);
Mains Power Supply Voltage
- 200-240 VAC, ±10% (180-264 VAC limits, 50-60 Hz, Single phase;
Mains Power Consumption at Rated Output Power
- Up to 3300 VA;
- Power factor of 0.95 od higher (PFC-corrected current);
Mains Power Consumption in Low Energy (Waiting) Mode
- Less than 1 VA;
Receive / Transmit Control
- KEY-IN input - Phono RCA Jack. Voltage applied to the transceiver keying output - up to +12 V; Closed-circuit current flown to the transceiver keying output - up to 6 mA;
- KEY-OUT output - open-drain, Phono RCA jack. Output resistance: not more than 120 Ohm; Maximum allowable open-circuit voltage coming from transceiver connection: +50V; Maximum allowable closed-circuit current flown by the transceiver: 20 mA;
- Minimum dead time, necessary for safe amplifier switching over from receive to transmit: 10 ms between the transmit request on the KEY-IN input and the RF drive on the RF INPUT jack.
Safety and Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Complies with CE safety and electromagnetic compatibility requirements, as well as with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations;
Size & Weight (operating, excluding connected cables)
- Amplifier, WxDxH: 428x425x190 mm, 21.9 kg (16.9x16.8x7.5 inches, 48.2 lbs.);
- Remote Control Unit, WxDxH: 204x144x92 mm, 0.9 kg (8.1x5.7x3.7 inches, 1.9 lbs.);
Shipping Size & Weight
- WxDxH: Approx. 740x600x370 mm, 29.0 kg (29.1x23.7x14.5 inches, 64.0 lbs.);
- Temperature range: -10 to +40 degrees Celsius (14 degrees F to 104 degrees F);
- Relative air humidity: up to 95% @ +35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees F);
- Height above sea level: up to 3050 m (10000 ft) without output deterioration.
- Acom£7199.95(Inc VAT at 20%)