- Customer Reviews
“No other dealer rebuilds the MFJ Loops to the standard set by ML&S. They just keep on working straight out of the box”
Did you know?: Each and EVERY MFJ-1786X (and 1788X) is partially stripped, re-built and modified before shipping? Why? Because after selling hundreds of these antennas into the market place we took feedback from our customers and addressed the issues reported, improving & enhancing the design. Our engineers complete the following modifications before we dispatch this product:
1. Visually inspect box and internal packaging for signs of damage.
2. Remove both antenna unit & control unit from box.
3. Open top of antenna unit – to expose tuning capacitor & drive motor.
4. Check tightness of main capacitor shaft.
5. Check alignment of capacitor vanes.
6. Check alignment between main shaft & motor spindle.
7. Check tightness of coupling between main shaft & motor spindle.
8. Check wiring connections to drive motor.
9. Check rotational operation of capacitor (end-stop to end-stop).
10. Check slow-motion speed of capacitor, and adjust if necessary.
11. Re-assemble unit & repackage.
12. Ensure UK style mains plug fitted if required.
<15-40 metres Super Hi-Q Deluxe Magnetic Loop Antenna>
MFJs tiny 36 inch diameter loop antenna lets you operate 15 through 40 Meters (7 - 22MHz) continuously -- including the WARC bands!
Ideal for limited space -- apartments, small lots, motor homes, attics, or mobile homes.
Enjoy both DX and local contacts mounted vertically. Get both low angle radiation for excellent DX and high angle radiation for local, close-in contacts. Handles 150 Watts.
Super easy-to-use! Only MFJs super remote control has Auto Band Selection. It auto-tunes to desired band, then beeps to let you know. No control cable is needed.
Fast/Slow tune buttons and built-in two range Cross-Needle SWR/Wattmeter lets you quickly tune to your exact frequency.
All welded construction, no mechanical joints, welded butterfly capacitor with no rotating contacts, large 1.050 inch diameter round radiator -- not a lossy thing flat - strip -- gives you highest possible efficiency.
Each plate in MFJs tuning capacitor is welded for low loss and polished to prevent high voltage arcing, welded to the radiator, has nylon bearing, anti-backlash mechanism, limit switches, continuous no-step DC motor -- gives smooth precision tuning.
Heavy duty thick ABS plastic housing has ultraviolet inhibitor protection.
- 7 - 22MHz (40 - 15m)
- Size: <1m (36in) loop
- Feeder: 50 Ohms
- Power: 150W
- Remote control included
- Auto band selection
- Dual Fast/Slow tune buttons
- Built-in cross-needle VSWR/Wattmeter
- Connector: SO239 (for PL-259)