Equipped with 500 Hz/ 2.7 kHz Roofing Filter as standard
1st IF frequency (11.374 MHz) down conversion* is employed when receiving on 15, 20, 40, 80 or 160 meter bands. Included as standard directly after the 1st Mixer and Post Amp that compensates for conversion loss is a BW 500 Hz and 2.7 kHz 6-pole MCF, which determines adjacent receptivity realizing superb dynamic range performance that was not possible using up conversion. Even when an interfering signal approaches the reception frequency, a virtually flat dynamic range is maintained. You can capture a clear signal even in reception conditions where strong
adjacent interfering signals become problematic.
* Down conversion is selected automatically when receiving in CW/ FSK/ SSB modes if the final passband is 2.7 kHz or less.
Advanced AGC control through digital signal processing from the IF stage onward
It would be no exaggeration to say that Kenwood's receive audio, which enjoys a reputation for being non-tiring even in long contests, is determined by IF AGC control based on unique DSP algorithms. This series features all of the IF DSP AGC technology developed with the TS-990S. A remodeling of the AGC circuitry has realized superb AGC performance covering from small to large inputs. Even if interference signals slip between the Roofing Filter and the IF DSP filter that determines the final selection, level optimized AGC control enables operation without the need for awareness of Roofing Filter bandwidth.
Morse code decoder function
Received morse code displayable* by scrolling on 13-segment display unit. Moreover, characters are shown* in a dedicated window on the ARCP-590G (freeware).
* Proper decoding may not be available due to reception conditions, etc.
Frequently used and special functions can be assigned to the programmable function (PF) keys. With
the TS-590SG, in addition to the PF keys, functions can also be assigned to the MULTI/CH knob's Push
SW. Quick settings are made possible by assigning level setting functions such as keying speed. The
RIT/XIT/CL keys can also be used as programmable function keys.
New Split function enabling quick setting
In addition to conventional split frequency setting methods, the TS-990's proven split setting functionality has been included. A long press of the SPLIT key, when making a 2 kHz upsetting, will enable quick setting by pressing "2" on the keypad. Furthermore, in simplex operation with just XIT on, the XIT frequency can be changed with TF-SET. The keypad keys are band-direct keys. Each band has 3 memories, enabling quick call-up of usually-used frequencies.
- Antenna output function (shared with DRV connector)
- LED backlight with selectable color tone
- FIL A/B configurable independently with VFO A/B (convenient during Split operation)
- Front or rear PTT selectable for Data PTT
- Switching from HI CUT/LO CUT to WIDTH/SHIFTpossible for reception bandwidth changing in SSB mode
- Interference/noise removal features
- Heavy-duty design is capable of withstanding grueling conditions typical of contests or long hours of hard operation with two of 60mm fan cooling system
- Built-in preset-type high speed operation automatic antenna tuner