11200MHz Digital Transceiver, D Star compatible. The ID-1 is a dedicated D-Star mobile for 23cm. The ID-1 was the first product available for D-STAR and can operate in both Digital Voice and Digital Data Mode. The ID-1 includes 105 alphanumeric memory channels and full PC control via the USB port. The ID-1 supports a 10BASE-T Ethernet cable for 128k DATA operation. The ID-1 has an operating frequency range of 1240-1300 MHz, with FM and GMSK (Digital) modulation formats providing clear voice and high-speed data transmission (128kbps).
- D-STAR is a new ham radio system which offers digital voice and data communication. It connects repeater sites over microwave links and the Internet and forms a wide area ham radio network. The D-STAR system provides a new capability and functionality to the ham radio world and increases the efficiency of emergency communications.
The D-STAR system provides not only digital voice (DV mode) communication but also digital data transmission (DD mode). It can exchange various data files such as graphics, images, etc, at 128kbps.
- No matter where you travel within the DSTAR network, you can access the web, e-mail, text messages and multimedia messages.
- In DD mode, ID-1 can transfer data directly with another ID-1 without the use of a repeater. This is useful for establishing a simple network where a D-STAR repeater does not exist or D-STAR services are not required.
- The controller software is supplied with the ID-1. When the ID-1 is connected to a PC via a USB cable, most functions of the ID-1 can be controlled from the PC. In DD mode operation (Ethernet port is required), you can browse web sites and send and receive e-mail as if the ID-1 is a 10W wireless network adapter.
- The ID-1 embeds your own and the called station's callsign in your transmission. When you input "CQCQCQ" as the intended station, you can make a CQ call in the area. The calling station's ID is displayed on the received station and a newly received callsign can be automatically stored in the memory.