Yaesu FTA-550L Airband Transceiver
- Software Download
On 1st January 2018 the law changes and all aircraft operating in airspace that requires the carriage of a radio must have 8.33kHz voice compatible equipment fitted and operational.
To assist this change, the CAA's GA Unit has secured €4.3m of EU funding, representing 20% of the total anticipated cost to the UK fleet. This funding is from the European Union's Connecting Europe Facility (CEF). There are no additional funds avaliable.
Version 2.04 NEW FEATURES
- Updated Backlight Lamp Timer settings OFF / CONTINUOUS / 5 / 10 / 30 / 60 / 120 / 300 seconds
Version 2.00 NEW FEATURES
- Updated the Memory Book to include eight customizable Memory Groups
- Updated Scan Band selection“ALL BAND” scans both COM and NAV bands between 108.00MHz and 136.975MHz“COM BAND” scans the COM band between 118.00MHz and 136.975MHz“NAV BAND” scans the NAV band between 108.000MHz and 117.975 MHz
The YAESU FTA-550 is packed with features, yet very affordable. Boasting an oversize full dot matrix LCD display, the FTA-550 Airband Transceiver provides full communication on the Aircraft communications Band and additionally provides VOR and ILS navigation features on the "NAV" band. The FTA-550 includes NOAA weather band monitoring and the capability of programming up to 200 memory channels with a quick and easy channel recall feature. The brand new easy to operate menu system is icon driven making it simple to navigate through all of the powerful features this transceiver has to offer. Additionally the FTA-550 can easily be reprogrammed in minutes using the optional PC Programming software and the supplied USB programming cable.
Two Packages available
FTA-550L Comes supplied with:
Li-Ion battery, 110V-240V and 12VDC charger with cradle, Alkaline battery tray, Antenna, Belt clip, headset adapter, and USB programming cable.
FTA-550 AA Comes supplied with:
Alkaline battery tray, 12VDC Power cable, Antenna, Belt clip, headset adapter, and USB programming cable.
- 5 Watts TX Output Power (Airband: AM 5W P.E.P. type, 1.5W carrier)
- Huge 1.7" x 1.7" Full Dot Matrix display (160 x 160 Dots)
- VOR Navigation Display
- NOAA Weather Channel receive
- NOAA Weather Alert
- 200 Memory Channels with 15 alphanumeric characters
- Back-lit Keypad and display with dimmer
- Water Protection -IPX5 Rating
- Loud Audio (800 mW)
|Easy to Operate Menu system|
The FTA-550 comes configured with an easy to operate icon driven menu system. The displays and menu settings are logically configured for a more intuitive user interface.Huge Dot Matrix Display (160 x 160 dots)
The FTA-550 features a huge 1.7" x 1.7" full dot matrix LCD display with full backlight and dimmer. The high resolution display makes it easier to view all the great features the FTA-550 has to offer.VOR Navigation Display
When the FTA-550 receives a VOR signal, the display will automatically switch to the NAV band screen which shows a CDI based on the received signal.200 Memory channels with up to 15 Alphanumeric characters
The FTA-550 can store up to 200 Memory channels for quick and easy retrieval. With the capability of using up to 15 Alphanumeric characters per name the FTA-550 allows for a better channel
OWNERS MANUAL DOWNLOAD