ICOM IC-R30 Communications Receiver and Scanner
The IC-R30 is Icom's latest wideband handheld receiver. Not
only does it receive over a wide (0.1 to 3304.999 MHz)
frequency range in AM, FM, WFM, USB, LSB and CW, but it
can also decode digital modes including P25, NXDN, dPMR,
D-STAR and Japanese domestic DCR. The IC-R30 WILL NOT receive DMR.
MAJOR SELLING POINTS
- 0.1–3304.999 MHz Wideband Coverage
- Decodes Various Digital Modes
- Dualwatch Operation
- Dual Band Recording Function
- 2.3 Inch Large LCD and Intuitive User Interface
- Integrated GPS Receiver
- High Speed Scan − 200 Channels/Second
- Contains frequencies of UK D-Star repeaters, UK FM repeaters and
some Broadcast FM stations (UK model only)
- IP57 Waterproof Construction
- USB Charging and PC Connection
- microSD Card Slot for Voice and Data Storage
- Wireless Operation with Optional Bluetooth Headset
The IC-R30 covers a wide frequency range from 0.1 to 3304.999 MHz in AM, FM,
WFM, USB, LSB and CW as well as digital modes*. A ferrite bar antenna for AM
broadcasts is built-in, and the earphone cable can be used as an external antenna
for FM broadcasts.
The IC-R30 decodes various digital modes, including P25 (Phase 1), NXDN,
dPMR, D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) and Japanese
domestic DCR (Digital Convenience Radio).
(No DMR capability. For this mode see AOR's AR-DV10)
The radio can receive on different bands and different modes. For example, HF and UHF
signals can be monitored simultaneously. You can scan for other active channels on the B
band, while receiving the primary signal on the A band.
Dual Band Recording Function
The audio of the two bands received while in the Dualwatch mode can be individually
recorded onto a microSD card* in the WAV format. The recorded audio can be played
back on the receiver or a PC. Also, frequency, mode, S-meter reading, time, current
position data and altitude can be saved with received audio.
* A microSD/microSD HC card is required.
2.3 Inch Large LCD and Intuitive User Interface
A 2.3-inch large, dot-matrix display is used in the IC-R30. Screens with large amounts of information are clearly
and logically arranged. The four-direction keypad provides straight-forward operation of all functions.
Integrated GPS Receiver
The integrated GPS receiver displays your current position data, course, speed and altitude on display. GPS data can
also be saved in recorded audio files. The IC-R30 can list up to 50 stations within 160 km; 99.4 miles from your
* The position data of each station must be pre-programmed in the Memory channels.
High Speed Scan − 200 Channels/Second
The IC-R30 scans approximately 200 channels per second in the A band, and 150 channels per second in the B band.
You can quickly find and lock into the desired signal. The IC-R30 has a variety of scan functions:
• Near station scan: Using GPS location information and the Memory channels*, the IC-R30 can display and scan
up to 50 stations within 160 km; 99.4 miles from your current location, in proximity order.
* The position data of the stations must be programmed in advance.
• Auto memory write scan: Automatically stores received frequencies (up to 200 Ch) during a programmed
• Priority Scan: Checks for signals on a frequency every 5 seconds, while operating on a VFO frequency or
• Tone scan: Detects a sub-audible tone frequency or the DTCS code in a received signal.
• Program scan, Memory scan, Memory mode scan, Group scan, Group link scan and more.
Band Scope Function
The band scope function enables you to visually search a specified frequency range around the received signal and see
the relative received signal strength level. You can jump to the desired signal on the band scope to set the radio to
The Speech function reads out the operating frequency and mode when you rotate the dial knob or press the
[SPEECH] button. This function is convenient for making radio adjustments with the Bluetooth headset without having
to look at the radio.
IP57 Waterproof Construction
The IC-R30 has IP57 waterproof protection (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes). It can be used in harsh outdoor
environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD-810-G specifications.
Up to 8.3 Hours of Battery Life
The supplied BP-287 Li-ion battery pack provides up to 8 hours and 20 minutes* of operation. The optional BP-293
battery case, with AA (LR6) alkaline cells, can be used as a convenient backup battery.
* The Dualwatch function is ON (A band: continuously receiving, B band: standing by), the Power Save function is set to “Auto (Short),” the internal speaker’s
volume is set to “20,” the GPS function is ON, and the Bluetooth function is OFF.
USB Charging and PC Connection
The built-in USB port has a range of convenient uses. You can charge the IC-R30 in
approximately 5 hours*, carry out data transfer (including loading Memory channels)
and CI-V remote control.
* Using with a 1 A USB charger. The IC-R30 is Power OFF.
microSD Card Slot for Voice and Data Storage
You can use a microSD card* for data storage. Recording/playback of received audio,
RX history log, radio settings and GPS logger data can all be loaded onto the microSD
* A microSD/microSDHC is required (up to 32 GB).
Wireless Operation with Optional Bluetooth Headset
With the optional VS-3 Bluetooth® headset, you can wirelessly listen to the received audio. The VS-3 has volume
UP/DOWN buttons and four programmable buttons to remotely control certain functions.
• Contains frequencies of UK D-Star repeaters, UK
FM repeaters and some Broadcast FM stations (UK
• 2000 regular Memory channels (with an 8-
• DTCS and CTCSS tone squelch
• VSC (Voice Squelch Control) (FM, FM-N, WFM,
• AFC (Auto Frequency Control) (FM, FM-N, WFM)
• Noise blanker (SSB, CW)
• ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) (AM, AM-N)
• RF gain control (10 steps)
• ATT function (3 steps)
• Key lock function
• Monitor function
• Power save function (3 steps)
• Volume or frequency setting with dial or side
• Quick menu function
CS-R30 Optional Programming Software
Using the CS-R30, you can smoothly edit the following settings on a PC;
• Memory Channels
• Auto memory write channel groups
• Program scan link name
• Radio settings and digital settings
• Scan edges
• GPS memories
OS: Microsoft Windows10, Windows8.1 (* Except for Windows RT) or Windows7