Digital modes interface for amateur radio combining audio codec, serial CAT interface and PTT control.
This listing is for revision 1.8 using TRRS connectors. Backward compatible to rev 1.6
- combines audio codec, serial CAT interface and PTT switch
- supports full featured CAT interface: PTT, bands, tuning etc. (not just VOX based PTT)
- uses a single USB connection to computer minimizing the cables mess
- serial computer aided transceiver (CAT) port can be configured for logic levels, RS-232, CI-V or TX-500 (learn more)
- works with all major OS flavors: Windows, MacOS and Linux
- permanently available independently from CAT port an open-collector PTT switch controlled by RTS signal of the COM port to interface HTs and mobile radios
- axillary connection points to CM108 codec – for simple Allstar homebrew node builds
- uses widely supported CP2102 serial interface (latest driver) and CM108 audio codec (generic audio device – no driver necessary)
- small rugged aluminum enclosure ideal for mobile operations
- interfaces the transceiver using widely available 3.5mm jacks (TRRS) for simple homebrew cable builds
- growing collection of pre-made cables including popular Icom, Yaesu, Elecraft, Baofeng, Xiegu transceivers
- isolation can be easily added using inexpensive USB isolator dongle
Notes regarding the interface configuration:
- PTT option is always available independently from CAT and it works with any radio
- CAT configuration is done with solder jumpers and can not be changed operationally
- Digirig’s default configuration for serial CAT is 3.3V logic levels. If the interface is ordered together with the transceiver cables and there is no ambiguity the configuration will be changed to match the cables. Please use order notes field or follow up with the email if you have a specific preference.
- Learn more about CAT configurations here
This listing does not include cables. The USB cable is a standard USB Type-C cord which must support both power/charging and data.
Use schematic for the pinout reference if building homebrew cables.