Uniden BearCat BCT15X scanners are loaded with features that RF fans can make use of quickly, easily, and with extreme efficiency.
This is NOT a digital scanner.
Uniden BearCat BCT15X mobile base scanners come pre-programmed with many of the channels in use by local police, department of transportation, and highway patrols for easy state-by-state scanning. Uniden's TrunkTracker III technology allows you to keep up with all the action on the most popular trunking systems including Motorola, EDACS and EF Johnson (LTR systems. The BCT15X automatic scanning feature will instantly find the active Talk Groups in your local area.
Uniden Close call RF Capture Technology allows for the detection, display of frequency, and listening to the nearby strong radio transmissions while actively scanning across all available channels. Be alerted to nearby emergencies, news, and other activities while scanning across remote bands. Close Call is especially useful while driving in cities or towns and wanting to avoid active fire and EMS call outs. Step by step installation instructions are included in the BCT15X user's manual.
The BearCat BC15X monitors a wide array of frequencies including: AM, FM, UHF, CB, Amateur radio, public service, and military channels. If the frequencies or Talk Groups are active within your area and not blocked you will be able to listen to real-time updates and activities. The BCT15X scanner receives 25-512, 764-805, 806-956, and 1240-1300 MHz, excluding cellular frequencies which are guaranteed private by U.S. government regulations.
GPS based scanning and alerts are available when the BCT15X is connected to an optional GPS device. The GPS-enabled feature permits the scanner to turn system reception on or off depending on the user's location. Customize your scanners display with location-based information.
The Uniden BearCat BCT15X scanner is GPS enabled, but does not come with a GPS unit. It has 9000 dynamically allocated channels, up to 400 systems, 100 system Quick Keys (10 channel group quick keys per system).
Private listening is easily accomplished with a 32Î© headset with 1/8" 3.5 mm audio connector. The ability to record received RF transmissions is accomplished by connecting an external recorder to the REC jack on the back of the BCT15X with a stereo or mono 3.5 mm audio cable.
The BCT15X is an advanced mobile base Trunking scanner that will keep you in contact and prepared for any adventure.
- TrunkTracker III Technology - So you can keep up with the action on Motorola, EDACS and LTR systems.
- 9000 Dynamically Allocated Channels
- Close Call RF Capture Technology - Instantly tunes to signals from nearby transmitters
- Location-Based Scanning
- Fire Tone-Out
- Alpha Tagging
- 100 Quick Key System Access
- Band Scope - Graphically finds radio activity
- Continuous Band Coverage* - 25MHz to 1.3GHz Excluding UHF TV and Cellular
- Temporary Lockout
- Search with Scan
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode - Instantly detects and Displays the Sub audible Tone So You Can Quickly Determine the System Settings.
- S.A.M.E. Weather Alert - Specific Area Message Encoding - During a NOAA Weather or Emergency Alert, a code for your specific location will alert you to severe conditions in your immediate area.
- PC Programming/Control
- Public Safety Scanner
- System / Channel Number Tagging - provides rapid access to a specific system or channel
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- Individual Channel Volume Offset
- Priority ID Scan on trunked systems
What is in the box:
- Uniden Bearcat BCT15X Scanning Radio
- AC adapter
- Cigarette lighter adapter
- 3-wire DC Power cord
- Mounting bracket and hardware
- Telescopic antenna
- PC to Scanner serial programming cable
Supplied complete with user guide CD, mobile mounting bracket, car power lead, AC mains adaptor, and wideband telescopic whip antenna.
- 9000 Dynamic Channels
- Location-based scanning
- Close Call RF capture
- IF Exchange
- Beartracker Warning system
- Band Scope
- CTCSS/DCS Decoding
- Alpha Tagging feature
- GPS enabled
- Narrowband reception
- EDACS ESK Tracking
- Key-Safe mode
- Pre-emptive Trunking Priority
- PC Programming Control
- Interface Lead Included
- Scanner user guides CD Included
- Telescopic Whip antenna Included
- Mobile Mounting Bracket Included
- AC Adaptor Incuded
- Cigar plug type power lead Included
Attenuation : 20dB nominal
Scan Rate : 100 channels per second (Conventional mode) max
Search Rate : 300 steps per second (5 kHz step only) max
Audio Output : 2.6W nominal into 8Ω speaker
30mW nominal into 32Ω stereo headphone:
Power Requirements : DC 11.0V to 16.6V - AC Adapter
External Jacks : Antenna Jack BNC Type
Phone Jack 3.5mm Stereo Type
Ext. Speaker Jack 3.5mm Monaural Type
REC. Out Jack 3.5mm Stereo Type
DC Power Jack 5.5mm Center Positive
Remote Interface Jack 4pin Mini Type
GPS / Remote Interface Jack D-sub 9pin Male Type
Operating Temperature : Nominal -20°C to +60°C
Close Call -10°C to +60°C
Size : 7.2 in. (W) x 6 in. (D) x 2.2 in. (H)
184mm (W) x 154mm (D) x 56mm H)
Weight : 3.5 lbs [1.6 kg.] (without Mounting Bracket)