IC-905 VHF / UHF / SHF All Mode Transceiver
The IC-905 is the industry’s first microwave rig in the 144, 430, 1200, 2400, 5600 MHz and 10 GHz* bands. Multi-mode operation in SSB, AM, FM, D-STAR DV/DD, and FM-TV (Amateur TV) is possible. Output power is 10 W on 144, 430, 1200 MHz, 2 W on 2400, 5600 MHz, and 0.5 W on 10 GHz.
* CX-10G is required for 10 GHz operation.
Separate Controller and RF Unit Configuration
The IC-905 is the industry’s first super-efficient microwave base station with the RF unit designed to be at the base of the antenna, rather than in the shack. This design eliminates signal loss due to costly, long coax feed line runs found in legacy SHF designs. Optional 50 m (164 ft) or 20 m (65.6 ft) controller cable is available with the IC-905.
Less Signal Cable
With the RF unit mounted at the antenna, transmit and receive signals are at their maximum efficiency as the coax feed line is measured in centimetres rather than metres, keeping signal loss to a minimum. This is possible due to the controller cable providing digital communications between the controller and RF units.
Power Supplied through the Controller Cable
The DC power is supplied from the controller to the RF unit through the controller cable, making it possible to supply power with a low loss. Moreover, optional CX-10G’s power is supplied from the IC-905 RF unit.
Less Cable Loss than Coaxial Cable
With the RF unit mounted at the antenna, transmit and receive signals are at their maximum efficiency as the coax feed line is measured in inches rather than feet, keep signal loss to a minimum. This is possible due to the controller cable providing digital communications between the controller and RF units.
GPS-Controlled Oscillator for Ultimate Frequency Stability
Frequency accuracy and stability are required for SHF band operation. Even with a high-performance OCXO, the frequency gradually changes due to temperature and ageing. To solve this problem, the IC-905 uses a high-precision 1 pulse-per-second (1 PPS) clock signal from an internal GPS (GNSS) receiver to enable advanced frequency control.
Wideband 50 MHz Span Real-time Spectrum Scope
A high-performance real-time spectrum scope and waterfall display are built in. The real-time spectrum scope can be adjusted for Centre, Fixed, and Scroll mode, and it covers a wide bandwidth of up to 50 MHz span.
ATV (Amateur TV) Mode
The IC-905 is compatible with the ATV (FM-TV, NTSC, PAL or SECAM) mode. With an analogue camera connected, the IC-905 can transmit and receive real-time video. Furthermore, received videos can be shown on the display with composite video input.
Icom Common User Interface
The controller of the IC-905 was designed based on the compact IC-705 and utilises Icom’s Common User Interface system used in Icom’s touchscreen transceivers.
Full D-STAR Functions
DV, DD mode, DR function, Terminal mode, and Access Point mode enable easy use of D-STAR. It is also possible to send, receive, and view received pictures with the IC-905.
Optional CX-10G 10 GHz Transverter
The CX-10G transverter provides 10 GHz operation by converting to a 2400 MHz IF signal. 10 GHz operation becomes more approachable and easier to work. The CX-10G is in bypass mode when the use of the 2400 MHz band.
A Variety of Optional Antennas
Optional Collinear antennas for 2400 MHz, 5600 MHz, and 10 GHz, are available. Additionally, a high-performance parabolic antenna for 10 GHz is also available.
• SD card slot
• USB Type-C connection for PC and mobile connectors
• Power Amp thermal protection function
• ⊿TX and AFC (Automatic Frequency Control) function
• One-Touch FT8 Mode Preset
• Quick Data mode setting for SSTV, RTTY, PSK31, JT65B and FT8
• AMPS hole pattern and 1/4-20 tripod mount for controller unit
• Two call channels for each band (2×6 band)
• 500 memory channels divided into up to 100 groups
• 50 scan edges, 2500 repeater memories and 300 GPS memories
- Industry First Multi-Band 144 MHz to Microwave Transceiver!
- Separate Controller and RF Unit Configuration
- Less Signal Cable
- Power Supplied through the Controller Cable
- Less Cable Loss than Coaxial Cable
- GPS-Controlled Oscillator for Ultimate Frequency Stability
- Wideband 50 MHz Span Real-time Spectrum Scope
- ATV (Amateur TV) Mode
- Icom Common User Interface
- Full D-STAR Functions
- Optional CX-10G 10 GHz Transverter
- A Variety of Optional Antennas
- SD card slot
- USB Type-C connection for PC and mobile connectors
- Power Amp thermal protection function
- ⊿TX and AFC (Automatic Frequency Control) function
- One-Touch FT8 Mode Preset
- Quick Data mode setting for SSTV, RTTY, PSK31, JT65B and FT8
- AMPS hole pattern and 1/4-20 tripod mount for controller unit
- Two call channels for each band (2×6 band)
- 500 memory channels divided into up to 100 groups
- 50 scan edges, 2500 repeater memories and 300 GPS memories
We have several shipping options for our products, including next-day and Saturday/Sunday delivery for certain items. Please see these options at checkout.
If you have any equipment that needs to be returned to Martin Lynch & Sons, please fill out the form below:
Upon receipt of goods you have 14 days to return goods however the goods must be returned in original packaging and care must have been taken with the goods you wish to return. Under distance selling regulations you are not entitled to any refund on carriage charges or modification charges made at your request.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Outside of the 14 faulty return period, returned items cannot be accepted, unless covered by manufacturer's warranty. We will repair as much as possible on site however in exceptional circumstances products may have to be returned to the manufacturer of distributor.
For repairs/replacements under manufacturer’s warranty for any item please download a ML&S return form from the link above and return to ML&S with the faulty product.
International Warranty information
Warranty service for items we sell is available in the U.K. only, unless otherwise noted. It is your responsibility to pay freight for returned items to the U.K. and back to you for desired warranty coverage. All of our NEW products come with a minimum 12 month warranty, (Yaesu & Icom 24 months), with up to 90 days on second-hand equipment. Items returned for service must state "returned goods for repair" on the return air waybill or U.K. import customs duties apply and will be added to your invoice. For more info about returning items please contact our customer help desk, [email protected]