ACOM 2020S Solid-State 1.8-54 MHz Linear Amplifier
SKU Part Number: ACOM 2020S
Usage The ACOM 2020S is a state-of-the art 1500 W heavy-duty, solid-state linear amplifier, covering all amateur bands from 1.8 to 54 MHz. It...
Special Price £6,999.00 £5,832.50 Regular Price £7,199.99
Availability: In stock
Want more help on this product?Call 0345 2300 599
The ACOM 2020S is a state-of-the art 1500 W heavy-duty, solid-state linear amplifier, covering all amateur bands from 1.8 to 54 MHz. It features a Remote Control Unit model R05 with the operating information shown on a multi-functional, high resolution color touch screen. All indicators and controls (except the primary mains switch and power indicator) are accessible via the touch screen RCU, as well as, all command input to the RCU is menu-driven. As standard, the ACOM 2020S is equipped with Ethernet interface facilitating its usage in Remotely Operated Stations.
The overall operation of ACOM 2020S is extremely simplified: the touch screen menus are intuitive and easy to follow, and no special skill is required from the operator when changing frequency bands.
User-friendly automatic control
When connected to a transceiver with CAT capability, the amplifier will track the operating frequency and will change bands accordingly. Even if not CAT connected, the amplifier monitors the input signal frequency through the built-in frequency counter and automatically switches bands.
High resolution color display with Touch screen
Amplifier status indications are explained via detailed text displayed on the RCU 7" high-resolution color touch display (155x90 mm, 1024x600 pixels, and 24-bit color). All indicators and controls (except the primary mains switch and power indicator) are accessible via the RCU's touch screen, as well as, all command input to the RCU is menu-driven.
Compatible with all transceiver models - does not need any special signals: "ground on transmit" and RF drive power is sufficient.
Two power modules
Employs two powerful modules in the power splitting/combining technique.
LDMOS transistor technology
The two final PA stages use a rugged LDMOS transistor - MRFX1K80HR5 or equivalent.
Broadband input circuit
Broadband input circuit, providing a perfect transceiver load with SWR below 1.2 (typically 1.1), without retuning throughout the whole frequency range from 1.8 to 54 MHz.
Takes care of itself during operation via continuously working protection circuits in all modes. The operator can monitor 11 (eleven) parameters of the amplifier in operation.
Detailed data (55 parameters) about each of the last 28 hard-fault protection trips is stored in the amplifier's memory.
Remote control capabilities
Remotely controlled via the Internet through integrated Web interface and built-in Ethernet RJ45 port and Wi-Fi adapter.
Compact and lightweight construction
Extremely compact and lightweight construction with built-in switching-mode power supply (SMPS) that operates with an extended mains voltage range of 200-240 VAC, ±10% (180-264 VAC limiting values), with no internal switch over. The consumed current is purely sinusoidal, Power Factor Corrected (PFC) and inrush current limited. This makes the operation of unstable mains and generators easy and trouble free.
Complies with the CE electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements and FCC regulations. Perfect compatibility with both highly sensitive devices and the powerful devices in the radio station (receivers, computers, other amplifiers) due to the used PFC and built-in radio-frequency filters.
- All amateur bands 1.8-54 MHz;
- Extensions and/or changes on request;
Rated Output Power
- 1500 W, PEP or continuous carrier, no mode limit;
Intermodulation Distortion (IM3)
- Better than 30 dB below rated PEP;
Harmonic and Parasitic Emissions Output Suppression
- 1.8-29.7 MHz - better than 60 dB below rated output;
- 50-54 MHz - better than 70 dB below rated output;
Input and Output Impedances
- Nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO-239A) type connectors;
- Input: Broadband, SWR below 1.2 (1.1 typically), 1.8-54 MHz continuous range without retuning or switching;
- RF bypass: SWR - below 1.1, 1.8-54 MHz;
- Output: Antenna SWR below 1.5 is recommended; up to SWR 3 is allowable with proportional power reduction;
RF Power Gain
- 14 dB ±1 dB (typically 60 W drive for 1500 W output);
Mains Power Supply Voltage
- 200-240 VAC, ±10% (180-264 VAC limits), 50-60 Hz, Single phase;
Mains Power Consumption at Rated Output Power
- Up to 3300 VA;
- Power factor of 0.95 or higher (PFC-corrected current);
Mains Power Consumption in Low Energy (Waiting) Mode
- Less than 1 VA;
Receive / Transmit Control
- KEY-IN - Phono RCA connector
- Voltage applied to the transceiver keying output - up to +12 V;
- Closed-circuit current flow to the transceiver keying output - up to 6 mA;
- KEY-OUT - open-drain Phono RCA connector
- Output resistance: not more than 120 Ohm;
- The maximum allowable open-circuit voltage coming from external devices connection: +50 V;
- Maximum allowable closed-circuit current flow by external devices: 20 mA;
- Minimum required time of sequencing between sending a request for transmitting (KEY-IN "ground on transmit" signal) and applying RF drive power at RF INPUT connector for safely switching receive to transmit: 10 ms.
Safety and Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Complies with CE safety and electromagnetic compatibility requirements, as well as with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations;
Size & Weight (operating, excluding connected cables)
- Amplifier, WxDxH: 428x425x190 mm, 21.9 kg (16.9x16.8x7.5 inches, 48.3 lbs.);
- Remote Control Unit, WxDxH: 204x144x92 mm, 0.9 kg (8.1x5.7x3.7 inches, 2.0 lbs.);
Shipping Size & Weight
- WxDxH: Approx. 740x600x370 mm, 29.0 kg (29.2x23.7x14.6 inches, 64.0 lbs.);
- Please, contact us for shipment details;
- Temperature range: -10 to +40 degrees Celsius (14 degrees F to 104 degrees F);
- Relative air humidity: up to 95% @ +35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees F);
- Height above sea level: up to 3050 m (10000 ft) without output deterioration.
We have several shipping options for our products, including next-day and Saturday/Sunday delivery for certain items. Please see these options at checkout.
If you have any equipment that needs to be returned to Martin Lynch & Sons, please fill out the form below:
Upon receipt of goods you have 14 days to return goods however the goods must be returned in original packaging and care must have been taken with the goods you wish to return. Under distance selling regulations you are not entitled to any refund on carriage charges or modification charges made at your request.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Outside of the 14 faulty return period, returned items cannot be accepted, unless covered by manufacturer's warranty. We will repair as much as possible on site however in exceptional circumstances products may have to be returned to the manufacturer of distributor.
For repairs/replacements under manufacturer’s warranty for any item please download a ML&S return form from the link above and return to ML&S with the faulty product.
International Warranty information
Warranty service for items we sell is available in the U.K. only, unless otherwise noted. It is your responsibility to pay freight for returned items to the U.K. and back to you for desired warranty coverage. All of our NEW products come with a minimum 12 month warranty, (Yaesu & Icom 24 months), with up to 90 days on second-hand equipment. Items returned for service must state "returned goods for repair" on the return air waybill or U.K. import customs duties apply and will be added to your invoice. For more info about returning items please contact our customer help desk, [email protected]