Expert Electronics Colibri DDC SDR Shortwave Receiver
SKU Part Number: COLIBRIDDC
You can sync your classic TRX with NANO using SDC software, thus giving a sense of vision to your old (and already useless, you may skip this part)...
Seen this product cheaper elseware?Call 0345 2300 599
You can sync your classic TRX with NANO using SDC software, thus giving a sense of vision to your old (and already useless, you may skip this part) TRX.ColibriDDC Receiver:
This small-size receiver is intended to receive signals covering the HF frequency band 0.09MHz to 55MHz, and also (with the help of external filters) to receive frequencies up to 800MHz whilst working together with a PC.
It incorporates direct digital signal sampling by utilising a high speed analogue-digital converter. Such architecture allows the user eliminate additional noise caused by analogue cascades and makes the signal sound more natural and transparent.
The Local Area Network (LAN) interface allows you to use the device remotely and also allows you to connect several receivers to one PC simultaneously.
The ColibriDDC is a great low-cost HF and 6m receiver that makes the absolute most of direct sampling technology.
- ADC with sampling frequency 125 MHz and 14 bit resolution is used
- Two independent receiving channels with sampling frequencies up to 312 kHz
- Record air stations with the bandwidth to 312 kHz and the opportunity to reproduce it later
- Opportunity to receive in Nyquist zones up to 800 MHz (necessary to set additional external filters)
- Wide spectrum scope up to 60 MHz
- 24 bit audio – DAC for decreasing signal delay
- Connector for controlling external devices, 7 programmable transistor switches
- Interface with PC – local network 100 Mbps
- Low power consumption, 5V 0.64A
- External reference generator input 10 MHz
- Small dimensions W 64 x H 24 x L 112 mm
- ExpertSDR2 receiver's software
- Dual chanel HF receiver
- Panadapter to classical transceivers
- Remote reception point for contests and other applications
- Spectrum analyzer with wide spectrum scope up to 60 MHz
- Work with external digital signal decoders (digital type connection programs, CW skimmer, etc.)
- Processor Intel Core2Duo and higher
- Video card supporting the technology of OpenGL 1.5 and higher and RAM 256 Mbyte and more
- Local network connector 100 Mbps or 1 Gbps
- OS Windows XP/7/8 x32 or x64, OS Linux Ubuntu x64
|Table 1.Technical characteristics:
|Receiving bandwidth, MHz
|0.01 - 55 (0.01-62.5)
|Receiving bandwidth in all Nyquist zones, MHz
|Spectrum scope bandwidth (up to), MHz
|Amount of independent receiving channels
|Blocking Dynamic Range (BDR), dB
|IMD3 Dynamic Range, dB
|Image channel suppression, dB
|Supply voltage range, V
|Maximum consumption current, A
|RF ADC clock frequency, MHz
|RF ADC resolution, bit
|Local oscillator stability, ppm
|Built-in attenuator, dB
|Built-in audio DAC resolution, bit
|Dimensions W x H x L, mm
ExpertSDR2 program with adapted interface for the receiving mode is used together with the ColibriDDC receiver. At the present moment software works in the receiving mode and maintains two independent channels with the bands to 312 kHz. DSP library, developed by the company Expert Electronics, allowed to improve the receipt quality and to higher the software reliability. Two OS are supported: Windows 8 and Linux Ubuntu.
Receiver's block diagram
REF – connector to connect external 10 MHz generator
|PLL – ADC clock frequency synthesizer
|ATT – attenuator
|MCU – microcontrol unit
Ant – connector to connect the HF band antenna
|TCXO – inbuilt temperature compensated crystal oscillator
|ADC – high speed analog-digital converter
|DAC – audio digital-analog converter
|EXT CTRL - connector for controlling the external devices
|LPF – input low frequency filter (disabling)
|FPGA - field programmable gate array
|LAN – local network connector
|PHONES – jack for connecting headphones
|Front – front panel
|Rear – rear panel
- ColibriDDC Receiver
- Power source 5V 2A
- Adapter SMA - PL259 (UHF)
- LAN – cable
In addition to basic receiver's configuration can be purchased the following devices:
- PC's headset EE-PH-01
- Control panel EE-EP-01 or Constructor EE-EP-02 for comfortable remote work
We have several shipping options for our products, including next-day and Saturday/Sunday delivery for certain items. Please see these options at checkout.
If you have any equipment that needs to be returned to Martin Lynch & Sons, please fill out the form below:
Upon receipt of goods you have 14 days to return goods however the goods must be returned in original packaging and care must have been taken with the goods you wish to return. Under distance selling regulations you are not entitled to any refund on carriage charges or modification charges made at your request.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Outside of the 14 faulty return period, returned items cannot be accepted, unless covered by manufacturer's warranty. We will repair as much as possible on site however in exceptional circumstances products may have to be returned to the manufacturer of distributor.
For repairs/replacements under manufacturer’s warranty for any item please download a ML&S return form from the link above and return to ML&S with the faulty product.
International Warranty information
Warranty service for items we sell is available in the U.K. only, unless otherwise noted. It is your responsibility to pay freight for returned items to the U.K. and back to you for desired warranty coverage. All of our NEW products come with a minimum 12 month warranty, (Yaesu & Icom 24 months), with up to 90 days on second-hand equipment. Items returned for service must state "returned goods for repair" on the return air waybill or U.K. import customs duties apply and will be added to your invoice. For more info about returning items please contact our customer help desk, [email protected]